Qué Pasa?: The Natural Chica Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My husband LOVES my natural curls!

5 posters

Go down

My husband LOVES my natural curls! Empty My husband LOVES my natural curls!

Post  ceelovesjake Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:15 pm

For years I put relaxers in my hair religiously, never letting a month go by without slicking on the funk-tastic white creme that's suppose to do wonders for my curls. But I always wondered, "No matter how long or how much I work this stuff in, my hair always curled up anyway. Why am I doing this?". I wanted to stop putting relaxers in years ago but never knew how to go about doing it nor did I have the support for it. Then, I met the man that soon became my husband. When we first met, I always wore my hair straight because that's what guys like or requested me to do. One day when he came over, my hair was curly because I didn't feel like spending hours straightening it. He looked at me with the warmest eyes and said, "Your hair is so beautiful curly. Why do you straighten it?". That was it for me! Once we got married I began my natural journey. For the past 3 years, I have fallen in and out of love with my natural, tight curls. But, I can honestly say, my husband has always been in love with them since day one. It's amazing what the love of another human being can do for the soul. My husband's love helps me to love myself the way God created me, natural and beautiful!

ceelovesjake

Back to top Go down

My husband LOVES my natural curls! Empty HOW TOUCHING

Post  CupcakeLuv Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:38 pm

Wow...how touching and transparent was that post.
Girl...I commend you for finding a man that loves you that much.
I too have always permed my hair but had it curl right up. I had so much as literally burned my scalp at times keeping the perm in longer so that I wouldn't see curls. To no avail, it always curled right on up. I had a man in my life at one point that told me he loved my natural hair (this is the 2nd time I've gone natural). He always used to tell me that my natural hair defined me and that he would be highly upset if I permed it. I never did and fell in love with it then. As we broke up, I permed my hair to spite him and regretted it since.

I know better now!!!! Smile
CupcakeLuv
CupcakeLuv

Back to top Go down

My husband LOVES my natural curls! Empty Re: My husband LOVES my natural curls!

Post  hellobritt Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:52 am

Wow, thats so beautiful. I can't wait to find the perfect guy who loves me as I am.
hellobritt
hellobritt

Back to top Go down

My husband LOVES my natural curls! Empty AWESOME!

Post  Brendita Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:25 am

That was a beautiful love letter to your husband! I think if women asked their men how they felt about natural hair, they'd be very surprised! My husband, too, prefers the natural texture of my hair: always has.

Brendita

Back to top Go down

Post  Afro Chanel Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:04 pm

That is sweet.My ex-boyfriend said he liked my hair in an afro and then he told me he hated it when we broke up.Too bad for him cause I still love my fluff ball of hair.
Afro Chanel
Afro Chanel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down