Qué Pasa?: The Natural Chica Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suave and homemade hair products

3 posters

Go down

Suave and homemade hair products Empty Suave and homemade hair products

Post  ceelovesjake Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:32 pm

After testing a lot of different products and spending a lot of money, I found that Suave works really good on my hair. I use the Sleek shampoo, conditioner and frizz cream from their Home Professionals line. I would only use the shampoo once a week or if necessary. The conditioner has a nice thick consistency that makes it easier to comb through my hair when I'm washing it. After my hair dries, it's soft and has a nice scent to it. Lately, I've been using a recipe for an Egg Conditioner that I found online and it makes my hair so soft and curly. Recipes for making natural hair products using simple ingredients from home can be found online. Either way, please do not feel like you have to buy that $20 bottle of conditioner just because it says "organic" or "for natural hair". Try the cheaper products, but always listen to your hair. It knows best!

ceelovesjake

Back to top Go down

Suave and homemade hair products Empty Re: Suave and homemade hair products

Post  NaturalChica Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:41 am

I DEFINITELY agree with not spending crazy money just because it says organic/natural too. There are PLENTY of homemade recipes you can do online that can cost you way less and give you great results!

Anywho, I actually have a bottle of Suave conditioner that I'm anxious to try out once I'm done with this twist-out : )

*Mae*

NaturalChica
Admin

http://www.naturalchica.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MissFierce21 Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:31 pm

I totally agree with you ceelovesjake. I was the same way for about 7 of my 11 months being natural. If it wasn't natural products, you could just about bet anything that I wouldn't use it on my hair. One day I decided to go against the grain, and I'm glad I did. I purchased the following:
* Suave Professionals Humectant Conditioner and shampoo--$2.87ea.
* Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner--$2.87
* Suave Professionals Sleek Conditioner--@2.87
* Suave Professionals Rosemary and Mint Conditioner--$2.87
* Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner--$1.47
*Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo--$1

Man, I'm thinking about all the money I could have saved, have I did this earlier. These products makes my hair feel better than the "natural" products did. And I was buying Aubrey Organics @ $8/ bottle, giovanni @ $5/bottle, and that was just the beginning.

MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down