Qué Pasa?: The Natural Chica Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking to make my own homemade deep conditioner - I have "stuff" but no recipe!!!

4 posters

Go down

Looking to make my own homemade deep conditioner - I have "stuff" but no recipe!!! Empty Looking to make my own homemade deep conditioner - I have "stuff" but no recipe!!!

Post  sewoodinphilly Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:43 pm

Hi Ladies, I have a ton of beautiful products but still feel as though I am missing a good deep conditioner. I have an olive oil conditioner from Kiehls but that one is not all natural so I don't want to use it all the time. I use henna so I don't know how much protein I may need. I have the following in my arsenal of goodies:

unrefined coconut oil
unrefined shea butter
jojoba oil
aloe vera gel
cold press olive oil from the kitchen

The best I have done so far is to seal with a Pretty Natural product (that woman rocks!) and use the coconut oil to set my hair. I can get through a routine cowash ok. But how do I make the most of my goodies?

BTW I DESPISE the smell of shea butter so any recommendation for mixing to get me a nicer scent would be greatly appreciated. I know I need to use it.
B/C'd TODAY! Smile! after a 9 month transition.
Thanks!!!

sewoodinphilly

Back to top Go down

Looking to make my own homemade deep conditioner - I have "stuff" but no recipe!!! Empty Should mention I see recipes but there are so many it's hard to narrow them down!

Post  sewoodinphilly Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:38 pm

I have made a modified version of the rosemary spritz (my hair has thinned and my scalp is damaged from the scalp problem and relaxing.) But for deep conditioning I just don't know where to start.

sewoodinphilly

Back to top Go down

Looking to make my own homemade deep conditioner - I have "stuff" but no recipe!!! Empty Re: Looking to make my own homemade deep conditioner - I have "stuff" but no recipe!!!

Post  juiceyredd Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Deep Conditioner....you need a bowl, mayo, two eggs, and honey: crack and beat eggs well, add 6 tablespoons of mayo, and 2 tablespoons of honey, mix all together and there you go...make sure you put mixture on from root to tip of your hair and let it sit anytime longer than 15 mins (anything less than 15 mins is not a DEEP CONDITIONER) use a plastic cap while waiting...I don't use any heat on my hair but if you want you can sit under the dryer or use a hand dryer..then rinse out completely then follow up with your fav. conditioner..you want to make sure you got all the egg out..and you fav conditioner will help with that....this left my hair soooooooooooo soft, curls more defined and it had sooooooooo much shine...hope this helps

I suggest using those goodies to make a great cream....use shea butter as the base ( use as much as you want...example how much cream do you want) I would use 1 - 2 oz of coconut oil, 1 -2 oz of olive oil, 1 - 2 oz of jojoba oil, and 1- 2 aloe vera gel....for the scent, try some essential oil...my fav is lavender and vanilla bean extract....smells soooooooooo good...but think of the scents you like...I heard that tangerine is good as well. Add about 5 - 10 drops of each essential oil (remember the scents are strong so add the drops to smell). Put all of these goodies in a bowl (glass or metal), use a hand mixer and mix it all together until creamy and put in a container...this is great as an everyday cream and excellent for twist outs....gives your hair so much shine...I love it!
juiceyredd
juiceyredd

Back to top Go down

Looking to make my own homemade deep conditioner - I have "stuff" but no recipe!!! Empty Re: Looking to make my own homemade deep conditioner - I have "stuff" but no recipe!!!

Post  faithgirl37 Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:06 pm

I know this is an older thread but this may still help someone. I was looking for a good deep conditioner recipe. There are so many recipes out there. I suggest combining a few natural products like shea butter, cocoa butter and coconut oil or whatever you like to try. Apply it to a small section of wet hair and when you rinse it, see how it feels. Basically you have to experiment with your own hair.

faithgirl37

https://www.youtube.com/faithgirl37

Back to top Go down

Looking to make my own homemade deep conditioner - I have "stuff" but no recipe!!! Empty If you don't like the smell

Post  Mrs Sheree55 Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:41 pm

I don't like the smell of olive oil so for a treat I add different essential oils each time. Almost like perfume I change up on the oils and smell different each time I make a batch of something for my hair. Lemongrass and lavender are my favorites.

Mrs Sheree55

http://www.blackberriestableart.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum