Qué Pasa?: The Natural Chica Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is a co-wash?

+2
jerseygirl17
TheAlphaFemale
6 posters

Go down

What is a co-wash? Empty What is a co-wash?

Post  TheAlphaFemale Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:51 pm

What exactly is a co-wash? I've seen many posters say that they did a co-wash before they used certain products, but I'm uncertain exactly what a co-wash really is and what a co-wash consists of.

Can anyone please explain? Rolling Eyes
TheAlphaFemale
TheAlphaFemale

Back to top Go down

What is a co-wash? Empty Co-Wash

Post  jerseygirl17 Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:01 pm

Co-washing is when you wash your hair with conditioner only (I'm about to co-wash my hair now) Laughing Mae and other forums recommend this instead of using shampoo weekly to keep your hair moisturized. You can also use baking soda and apple cider vinegar as a rinse if you have a lot of build-up in your hair, but right now I'm going to stick to conditioner. Hope this helps!

jerseygirl17

Back to top Go down

What is a co-wash? Empty Re: What is a co-wash?

Post  TheAlphaFemale Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:11 pm

Thanks JerseyGirl!

I always wondered what EXACTLY co-washing consisted of... and now I know!
I have been washing (or should I say "co-washing") my hair for years and didn't know it was called a co-wash.
I have recently been using Ms. Jessies Creme-De-La-Curl Cleansing Creme as my ONLY wash because it works so well for detangling my curls, waves & "springs"!! It doesn't foam and it softens my hair so wonderfully.

Once again, JerseyGirl... THANKS!
TheAlphaFemale
TheAlphaFemale

Back to top Go down

What is a co-wash? Empty Co wash

Post  NaturaleRadiance Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:46 am

Hey, since this forum already talks about co washing, which conditioners do you all use to co wash? I saw the creme de la curl, I've never tried that, but maybe i'll try it next december when they have their sale- im a broke post-grad :/.

What does every body else use and what results does it yield?
NaturaleRadiance
NaturaleRadiance

http://www.naturaleradiance.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What is a co-wash? Empty cowash vs shampoo

Post  keynotespeaker6 Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:55 am

How often should one shampoo their hair? I have heard different things. Is once or twice a month effective? I'm slightly confused about the whole cowashing part. Also, when during the transition is it best to start cowashing vs shampooing & conditioning?

keynotespeaker6

Back to top Go down

Post  msangie1 Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:03 am

Msangie here from London UK Smile

What are the best conditioners to use to co-wash while transitioning? I'm currently using the Joico Silk Result shampoo and conditioner but may just use the conditioner going forward if it helps with softness.

Also how often do you co-wash. I have been doing mine once per week, is this too often?
msangie1
msangie1

http://www.naturallyangie.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What is a co-wash? Empty Co-wash condish

Post  vakeshia Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:59 am

I use VO5 to co-wash my hair and normally do it once or twice a week max. I maybe actually wash with shampoo every two weeks or whenever my hair feels really dirty. You will get a lot of suggestions on which conditioners to use but truth be told the cheap ones or just as good or even better than the more expensive ones. (in my opinion) I always follow up with a good thick deep conditioner though.
vakeshia
vakeshia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum