Qué Pasa?: The Natural Chica Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble When Washing Hair

2 posters

Go down

Trouble When Washing Hair Empty Trouble When Washing Hair

Post  Melley26 Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:55 pm

I'm 4 months post-relaxer with about 2 - 3 inches of new growth. I washed my hair last night and my hair that is straight got so tangled ast the ends. I used a leave in conditioner by Optimum and Doo Growth oil. I wash my hair once a week and I don't know if I can deal with this (but I'm not ready for the bc). Does anyone else have this problem? Do you know any products I can use to help with detangling?

Thanks!

Melley26

Back to top Go down

Trouble When Washing Hair Empty I'm Still a Beginner Myself

Post  chimjim89 Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:11 pm

What I'm about to tell you are things that work for my 4C hair, atleast what I've noticed so far. Well if you are looking for cheap nice products to use as leave-ins I would definitely go for Africa's Best Organics Mayo Leave In Conditioner, it's a good leave in and is about 3.99 at your local Walgreens or King's Beauty. Check the site online first to see if it is in stores because I went to Walgreens and could not find it. Tons of people are boasting about it. I'm seven months post and my new growth is soft and manageable. I wash twice a week, or whenever I feel like I have too much oily build up on my scalp. As for the optimum, I learned I dislike any optimum products, I feel like they make my hair dry and unmanageable. As for Doo gro, do you put it only on your scalp or your hair? When I use oils to seal, I'll use olive oil, or coconut oil or Jojoba oil, they are natural oils that wont smell horrible on your hair. I'm not a huge fan of do grow. S curl is a good leave in as well. Uhm have you ever deep conditioned with the hair mayo from silk elements? I love it, maybe try that. If you are having a huge problem with detangling, I would use mane and tail detangler, that stuff works wonders.

I'm just giving advice from what I've been doing. It's really a lot of trial and error, just see what works for you. Happy Hair Day!

chimjim89

Back to top Go down

Trouble When Washing Hair Empty Thanks!

Post  Melley26 Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:50 pm

chimjim89 wrote:What I'm about to tell you are things that work for my 4C hair, atleast what I've noticed so far. Well if you are looking for cheap nice products to use as leave-ins I would definitely go for Africa's Best Organics Mayo Leave In Conditioner, it's a good leave in and is about 3.99 at your local Walgreens or King's Beauty. Check the site online first to see if it is in stores because I went to Walgreens and could not find it. Tons of people are boasting about it. I'm seven months post and my new growth is soft and manageable. I wash twice a week, or whenever I feel like I have too much oily build up on my scalp. As for the optimum, I learned I dislike any optimum products, I feel like they make my hair dry and unmanageable. As for Doo gro, do you put it only on your scalp or your hair? When I use oils to seal, I'll use olive oil, or coconut oil or Jojoba oil, they are natural oils that wont smell horrible on your hair. I'm not a huge fan of do grow. S curl is a good leave in as well. Uhm have you ever deep conditioned with the hair mayo from silk elements? I love it, maybe try that. If you are having a huge problem with detangling, I would use mane and tail detangler, that stuff works wonders.

I'm just giving advice from what I've been doing. It's really a lot of trial and error, just see what works for you. Happy Hair Day!

Thanks for the advice. I actually tried Motions Leave-In and Organic Root Stimulator Shea Butter and it seemed to work very well. I guess it was the Optimum that made my hair tangle up Sad. I'm glad I found something that softens my hair so I'm not spending so much money on products. Thanks again Smile

Melley26

Back to top Go down

Trouble When Washing Hair Empty Re: Trouble When Washing Hair

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down