Having Doubts

Go down

Having Doubts

Post  ShyCurl on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:30 pm

I mini choped last month, I love my culry twa!! Sometimes I look in the mirror and wonder what am I doing, do I really want to go the natural route!
My Question- did some of you ladies go through the doubting of going natural or not? Is this normal??

ShyCurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reply to Shycurl

Post  CupcakeLuv on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi Shycurl,
I used to have major regrets. Mostly because I felt uncomfortable with all the stares from folks who didn't get why I decided to cut it along with all the questions I kept having to answer.
The only problem I have with my natural do is finding the lack of styles that I'm comfortable with. I feel like I always have the same style. My hair is always out and curly with a hand band pulling it back. I see so many different other styles on folks and I love it but because I'm not seeing the same texture or don't know how to do the style it doesn't work for me.
I'm hopeful though.
I think as with anything else, it takes getting used to.
Have no fears though, I PROMISE YOU, YOU WILL LOVE IT EVERY DAY Smile
CupcakeLuv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Having Doubts

Post  ShyCurl on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:09 pm

CupcakeLuv wrote:Hi Shycurl,
I used to have major regrets. Mostly because I felt uncomfortable with all the stares from folks who didn't get why I decided to cut it along with all the questions I kept having to answer.
The only problem I have with my natural do is finding the lack of styles that I'm comfortable with. I feel like I always have the same style. My hair is always out and curly with a hand band pulling it back. I see so many different other styles on folks and I love it but because I'm not seeing the same texture or don't know how to do the style it doesn't work for me.
I'm hopeful though.
I think as with anything else, it takes getting used to.
Have no fears though, I PROMISE YOU, YOU WILL LOVE IT EVERY DAY Smile

Thanks Cupcakeluv, that made me smile!! Very Happy

ShyCurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

BC REGRETS??

Post  Sun'sRae on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:08 pm

ShyCurl,
I definitely know where you are coming from. I did my BC a few weeks ago. At first I was really excited about the whole thing. I wanted to get rid of my permed hair once and for all. I transitioned for 7 months and the 2 textures were driving me crazy. When I finally chopped it off, I couldn't have been happier. But, looking at all of my old photos of me with my permed hair made me feel like I lost a huge part of myself. Sounds crazy, right? I had really long hair. People complimented me often and now I decided to just get rid of it all? Whenever I feel discouraged or doubtful, I just keep reminding myself of all the reasons why I made this decision in the first place. I often review stories and look at photos of females who made the same choice as I did. I hold on to the idea that one day my hair will grow out and I will be able to style it in various ways. I agree with CupcakeLuv,too. I LOVE MY HAIR EVERYDAY!!! Smile
Sun'sRae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShyCurl on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:03 pm

Thanks Sun'sRaes, im no longer having my doubts. You're right about the many styles we can achieve and the long healthy hair we can grow by doing this!! Whew, I guess I was ust having one of those days!! lol

Im still trying to figure out how to post a picture!!

ShyCurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sun'sRae on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:59 pm

Lol...You're very welcome. I'd like to know how to post a pic, too. I trieded to earlier.
Sun'sRae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShyCurl on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:58 pm

I dont know how I just put this pic up, but it worked!! cheers

ShyCurl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  msangie1 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:58 am

Shycurl don't have doubts you look gorgeous Smile

It will be a re-education for us all dealing with our new hair and we will have to drop the old relaxed hair care techniques but it will be worth it!
msangie1

View user profile http://www.naturallyangie.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Having Doubts?

Post  Aly on Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Girl, I think all of us at one time or another had these feelings. My thoughts were more focused on acceptance, but as I not just accepted but embraced my natural hair, I realized that I had an aura of love, positivity and confidence that I'd never experienced before. It wasn't about my husband, my daughter or my son - I realized that I loved me, that I was worth loving, that I was beautiful and my hair was an adornment that no one else had. Some people would advise you to "fake it 'til you make it;" I'll just say that you are perfect in every way because God made you... the natural you without makeup, weave, relaxer, perm, texturizer, hair color... so that's more than enough to love yourself just as you are.
Aly

View user profile http://www.naturalhue.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down